Mark C. Shumar
"I have a passion for my clients and I never lose sight of the pursuit for justice. I will fight until my clients are treated with fairness and respect."
Trial attorney Mark C. Shumar has over two decades experience with a wide range of personal injury cases. He has successfully handled thousands of personal injury cases including wrongful death matters, automobile accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and dog bite claims.
Mark graduated from Willamette University College of Law in 1990. He was admitted to The State Bar of California later that year and has been a member in good standing since that time. Unlike many other attorneys who dabble in many areas of law, Mark specializes in personal injury cases. He understands all the issues at stake and the best strategies to use when protecting the best interests of his clients.
When hired to represent a client, Mark believes it is important to:
- Help the client find medical treatment quickly, usually at no immediate cost.
- Deal with any and all issues with the responsible party and his/her insurance company.
- Handle vehicle damage at no cost.
- Be in contact with the client, and return any messages promptly.
- Prepare the case for settlement within 30 days after the client competes treatment.
- Discuss any and all settlement negotiations with the client.
If the responsible party and his/her insurance company refuses to be fair and an out-of-court settlement is not possible, Mark will be prepared to take the case to trial if necessary.
Willamette University, College of Law, Juris Doctor
California State University, Sacramento, Bachelor's Degree
California Bar, 1990