Modesto Personal Injury Lawyer Puts Liable Parties on the Defensive
Modesto is no stranger to trucks. The town sits at the intersection of major interstates and highways in California and is often traversed by truck drivers carrying goods throughout the Central Valley to Northern and Southern California, as well as the rest of the United States. While the trucking industry and transportation of goods is a major part of life in this town, it does not come without a price.
Each year, thousands of individuals from Northern California are severely injured in truck-related accidents. Trucks are large, fast vehicles that can cause serious injuries. If you are suffering injury as a result of a truck accident, do not hesitate to contact a Modesto personal injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Mark C. Shumar right away.
Determining Liability for a Truck Accident in California
When you work with our firm, we will immediately begin to assess the situation that you are in and determine who liable for your accident. While it may seem relatively straightforward, there are actually multiple parties that could potentially be responsible for your injuries. Depending on the specifics of your case, any of the following may be held liable:
- The Driver - One of the most common causes of truck accidents is human error. Often, drivers do not fully abide by the laws of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Too many hours behind the wheel, intoxicated driving, or reckless driving can all lead to serious accidents.
- The Leasing Company - If the truck is under lease from a leasing company, the company may be held liable. This is especially true if it is under contract and the company is required to provide routine maintenance and safety checks of the vehicle before it goes on long hauls with goods.
- The Manufacturer - In some cases, product failure is the main cause of truck-related accidents. Trucks are large and often travel at speeds similar to passenger vehicles. They require properly functioning brakes, steering, and drive shafts. If any product fails to operate as necessary, the manufacturer of the company may be to blame.
- The Loader - When a truck is improperly loaded with goods, it may become top heavy and cause rollovers or jackknife. Unsecured loads may topple from open beds and land on the highway or other vehicles. When a load is not properly secured or distributed, the loader may be liable for an injury-causing incident.
- The City or County - In the event that a poorly maintained or designed road was the cause of a truck accident, the city or county where the accident occurred may be responsible for your injuries. Our firm can thoroughly investigate the accident details to determine if this is true in your case.
You deserve compensation!
Following an accident, you should never settle for less than what you deserve. Many insurance companies will try to lowball compensation offers or deny coverage to people who need it the most. When you work with the Law Offices of Mark C. Shumar, you can be confident that your case is in good hands. Our founding attorney has experience working as an attorney for insurance companies and he can bring this unique knowledge to the forefront of your case and use it to your benefit.
Since 1994, our firm has provided outstanding representation to individuals throughout the Modesto area, and we may be able to help you obtain the significant monetary compensation that you deserve. If you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact a Modesto truck accident lawyer from our team right away.